Sunday, April 10, 2005

You just woke up?

Mind you, I am thirtysomething. Yet my father calls this morning because he wants to gloat over a cheap price on a camera (fujifilm 5100 for 250.00 - good price if you want a 5100) and I'm all sleepy on the phone . . . because I WAS SLEEPING when he called. ". . . it's eleven o'clock for $%#@# sake." But I was up until three and that would be eight hours. We just talked about how I was having trouble going to bed yesterday as we were hurdling towards Wal-mart in that tiny race car of his. "Well, you get a watch and just go to bed at eleven." was his advice which I felt did not take into account my point that I wasn't tired at eleven. I can tell what time it is despite my lack of a timepiece. It's not like I don't know it's eleven o'clock . . . it's that I go to bed and stare at the ceiling. (actually the TV but that is a whole other issue) But this was the man who would insist I get out of bed at 7 am to "start the day" after I had worked 2nd and part of 3rd shift at the hot dog factory. He never did understand that I couldn't go to bed at 4am and then be excited about getting up at 7am. (heck, no matter what I do I'm never excited at 7am) I just have to be more "disciplined" about sleeping I guess.

You know . . . I could just NOT answer the phone.

No comments: