Saturday, April 02, 2005

So I was wandering around the mall this evening, when to my horror, I heard a musak version of "This Charming Man" by the Smiths. WTF!?! How did this happen? It was sung by something (not Morissey) soothing but all the words were there . . . I could go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear . . . and I'm singing along involuntarily as my brain burns. I'm now old enough that my music, music that I spent hard earned - alphabetizing books at the library for 3.35 an hour - cash on, is playing at the local mall? What's next? The Clash?

In other I am older than dirt news, Hot Topic, the store that Noir leather was . . . but it's in malls all around the country serving suburban malcontents so they don't have to look to hard for things that will shock their mommies, is carrying baby clothes. Little onesies that have "Green Day" on them. It's bad enough that all the cool t-shirts are in a store that is inhabited entirely by twelve-year olds, they now have to market to people who have procreated? Thus making me feel bad that I have not yet found the man, without tattoos on his neck, that will put up with me putting his half of genetic material in a Green Day onesie? Since I know that Hot Topic has no interest in marketing to me, who are all these twelve-year olds with a need for punk baby clothes? (My brother J is now wincing, since Green Day is sooo not a punk band)

The actual reason for the mall trip was to go to the Hot Topic and buy this skull purse that I have my eye on . . . but the Hot Topic at Twelve Oaks is scrunchy and there is too much to look at and I decided that it depressed me so I didn't go in. I went to Talbot's instead and then bought some t-shirts at the Gap. When I found the skull purse at the other Hot Topic, near school, I asked M2 if it would be silly for me . . . 33 year old me . . . to walk around with a skull purse. M2 replied that it would be no sillier than that stupid hat that I wear. She's right . . . and the handles have bones on them so I have to have it. Picture of skull purse in case anyone would like to get it for me for my birthday, hint, hint.

As you can see, I have learned to link all sorts of things. It's kinda fun, the linking.

No comments: