Saturday, April 16, 2005

Happy Lawnmower and Bats in the Moonlight

Very exciting! The lawnmower's oil is changed. The truck's oil is changed. The tires have been rotated. All is right with the world . . . except that I now will have to mow my lawn. I will mow my lawn tomorrow morning because I have bunches to do and I will wake up all my neighbors, the heathen set mainly because the rest will be at church. I will not be like Mr. Crabbypants and get up at the CRACK of dawn to mow (everyone everywhere is so glad he has a lawn service now) but I will be mowing in the 9 to 10 am area. I will probably only mow my front yard and maybe the side because my backyard still has giant holes and ruts from the "car getting stuck" incident, which we will not discuss at this time, because I just told my brother to read my blog. Since the holes are big enough to plant shrubs, I may, in fact, plant shrubs in them.

M is hopefully coming with me tomorrow to "great aunt wrangle" which will entail taking her to ice cream and confusing her with all the flavors for a time. This is so my parents and brother can move all of her things to a new apartment. Then M and I will just drop her off at the new apartment as if nothing happened. As if we are just taking the long way home. My great aunt, who is the sweetest, most wonderful woman in the world, inherited the paranoid gene and constantly thinks that people are stealing her things and replacing them with other similar but not quite the same, and certainly not as good things . . . because she knows her things and these things, well, they are not hers.

Keeping in mine that she is blind, can't walk, doesn't hear well and doesn't have anything to keep her mine occupied, I would probably think people were taking my bedspread too. If only to have something interesting to talk about. But tomorrow we are taking her bedspread and everything else. We are moving it to an apartment that is the same, but not quite the same . . . but does have a better view out the window. My great aunt has macular degeneration and can see in some spots, so the view is kinda important. This apartment is much, much closer to Stately Wayne Manor so it will be easier for my mother (my great aunt's only caretaker) to visit on a regular basis.

My father and brother pointed out that they have never met M (which I know that have . . . somewhere in the fourteen years) and are eager to meet her. I guess I'll have to take her to Stately Wayne Manor for the tour of the grounds. Saw a bat out there tonight. I could see through his wings in the moonlight. Very cool.

No comments: