Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Perfect Card Carrying Geek

As it turns out, I'm a sucker for the "Dune" mini-series. I've read Dune by Frank Herbert at least four times though and the Sci-Fi channel did an excellent job of interpreting it. No Sting . . . but Paul Atreides is much cuter. This makes me a card-carrying geek . . . if they only had cards, but that would be too cool and FBI or superhero like. (in my own little mind - geek cards would be good for haircuts and money off boot cut jeans) I love a book that needs four Appendixes.

Someone today told me that she aspired to "be like me". She thinks I am "confident" and admires that "kick ass attitude" and I had to explain to her that it is mostly all a front. She was amazed that I don't party every night . . . as I was rebutting the "I wish I had your life" comment. She really doesn't wish that she has my life. Today I came home early (for me) because I refused to sit in the yearbook room, rotting and checking proofs, if there are no kids who care enough to show up. I did my taxes. I royally screwed up my taxes. I did my taxes again. I surfed the net. I watched "Friends" (an episode I hadn't seen . . . Rachel gets horny) and then I ate some leftover chili. (don't have a garbage disposal, have to eat the chili) Watched Dune and NCIS simultaneously. Watched Dune and Scrubs the same way. Now writing this blog. Yeah, I have a life to be envied.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surfing the net. That is an interesting phrase.

What is wrong with boot cut jeans? Aren't those cool anymore? :)