Monday, April 04, 2005

Dannon Yogurt would make it all okay

I have to go to work tomorrow. I may not sleep at all, which is not unusual for a night before I go back. I have to write a quiz on Great Expectations but can't do it until I get to school. I've already checked the email, so I won't have a meltdown in the morning . . . yet was smart enough (this time) not to open any emails that would upset me, piss me off, or otherwise not let me sleep.

It didn't help that I stayed in bed until 11, though really it was 10 if you think about it. I kept turning over, telling myself that this was the last day to sleep in, as if I will never have a weekend again. I didn't leave the house until 6 and that was only because there was nothing to eat . . . and my neighbors were making me feel guilty by doing yard work. Horrible renters doing the yard work! How dare they. Actually only one was doing yard work, the other was standing in the middle of the yard watching the raking and drinking what I assumed to be a cocktail.

I went to the mecca of Meijers and they had nothing I wanted again. I always forget. It only takes six months to fade from my memory banks that Meijers keeps nothing I desire in stock. Every six months I go there and am shocked to discover that they are completely out of Dannon yogurt. No Dannon (except coffee, but who wants coffee yogurt? I like anything coffee to be actual coffee). They didn't have the kind of vodka I wanted (I was inspired by the neighbor's cocktail), they only had gallons of light rum, they had no frozen yogurt (substitute for the Dannon), everyone there was either a cute couple (actually cute guy who turned out to be a couple, each time) or they were on a cell phone. It was awful. This is why I spend 25 cents more an item to go to Holiday Market. I did get cute little eight ounce bottles of Diet Coke and lots of strawberries because they were on sale.

My eyes now hurt . . . because I'm not wearing any corrective elements as I took my contacts out thinking that maybe I would get sleepy . . . the letters are all blurry and it's hard to spell when one cannot see. I guess I'll go watch A&E after I find some glasses.

Terrible loathing and the fear that I will not wake up on time. Ugh.

No comments: