Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I have been developed

No "how to fix red eye" lecture (though I probably wasn't paying attention) but a whole lot about cropping. The presenter was very sympathic to my situation. I actually helped out the two people next to me . . . but I think I may have made the one lady feel dumb. At least she kept saying that she felt dumb. We did the whole "I'm sorry . . . I just don't get this" . . . "No, No it's a really hard program." like eight times as I started her over again because she botched it so much that I couldn't edit undo anymore. But then again, the other guy didn't know what the wheel on the mouse was for . . . "oh, wow . . . is that cool!"

Why is it that Mr. and Mrs. Crabbypants can function with technology when I was in a room of their peer group who didn't have a clue. These were all very educated people . . . they all had master's degrees. Mr. Crabbypants usually scoops me . . . found the current wireless mouse I have for $12.50. That man can shop the internet better than anyone I know . . . hopefully he never takes the time to figure out Ebay or they'll have 18 cars at Stately Wayne Manor. So why do my parents get that you just have to sit and figure it out? What makes them different from the people I sat with today, who are, quite frankly, afraid of the computer. I need to teach technology to 50 year old businessmen evidently.

I mean he didn't know that the wheel on the mouse would scroll the screen up and down. He just didn't know what that was for. . .

Why is it that I'm the kind of person who immediately tries something if I don't know what it is for . . . I mean, what could happen?

No comments: