Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Poser

So after all the fun I had being a proud union member today (Nashvegas, you should be so proud) I went for a drink in Royal Joke with Princess. But first we stopped in Noir leather so I could get some hair dye to try to fix the perpetual red fading problem. So we go in and while Princess is distracted by the place being "not quite clean", I look for the dye. I find liquid latex (good to know, never know when you might need that) but not the hair dye so I have to go talk to the only employee who is behind the counter looking . . . well, she looks like a Noir leather employee -- the conscious "I'm cooler than you" bored sighing look. I know I probably have it sometimes. Princess is now distracted by the used T-shirt rack, that she does not know is a USED T-shirt rack and she proceeds to look for something for her brother.

"Hi . . . I'm looking for the Manic Panic", I say.
"We don't have Manic Panic", the blue haired girl (who is probably my age actually) says.
"Well, then I'm looking for the hair dye."
"What color hair dye?"
Now I'm getting annoyed . . . so you have hair dye but we have to play twenty questions?
"I'd like a bluish red", I say, meaning that I would like a red with blue undertones rather than yellow undertones. (Okay, I know I may not have communicated that very well)
"So . . . . purple?"
"No, a red with blue undertones . . . rather than orange undertones"
"Well we have (some other brand name), which is like Manic Panic."
"Fine, that will do."
"It comes in a color that looks like blood."
"Fine, I'll look at that."
"Oh, the case is over there, under the liquid latex . . . "

All that for "look down idiot"?

So she walks over with me and opens up the case and they DO have Manic Panic in exactly the color I wanted (Vampire Red) and then she can't ring it up because it doesn't show up on the computer and it takes forever and Princess is getting bored and desperately trying not to touch anything including the floor.

It was way cheaper than going to the mall but still . . . I was the only customer in the store. (Princess doesn't count as a customer, despite the T-shirt shopping) I know this is very, very Republican of me (he, he, Republicans goin' to Noir) but that is no way to run a business. It's not like business was hoppin'. And unlike when I used to be a regular shopper . . . I actually HAVE money to spend.

So the woman at Noir leather thinks I'm a poser. She, however, has to sit inside Noir leather all day . . . making, I assume, slightly above minimum wage. I may have gotten the better deal. Besides, according to Princess, it's very unclean in there and they really need to dust their stock.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i found you.
love,
marie

iamthanu said...

How much torture did Bruce have to endure? Or did he just make a shirt or a sticker or something?

Anonymous said...

he just left it on my away message on AIM, it was my graduation present from him. hah.

iamthanu said...

So Bruce can't really keep a secret? I'm so not surprised . . . well, try to keep it on the down low.

Don't want the whole English 9 crowd subscribing do we? Think of the comments. . .

Anonymous said...

I won't tell, well maybe Jess but that's all no one else. And would I talk to freshmen? nuh uh. hah. Have a good one I leave tomorrow for a fun filled family vacation to Oscoda. I will comment upon my return.