Thursday, June 16, 2005

Roadtrippin and the last day. . .

Tomorrow is my last day of school. . . okay, maybe not my last day but it's THE last day of school. Have yearbookin' and I have to be professionally developed for 9 more hours. So that's all next week, as long as there is a computer still in the room. Then I'm going to get in the truck with a duffle bag bungeed in the bed (I'll even clean out the Sprite cans, I promise) and maybe a sleeping bag (do I think I'm in college? I'll never use a sleeping bag). To Nashvegas for a couple of days and then to NC -- evidently a more fun part of NC than I visited previously. I have to be back for the 4th of July weekend, so time might be tight, but we'll see.

4th of July my Aunt Leona (the sweetest woman in existence) wants to go to the family party so I'm going to help with wheelchair driving, oxygen carrying, and other needed activities like stair maneuvering. It doesn't help that the family party is the least wheelchair accessible building made . . . it might be easier to rent a helicopter and drop her through the roof than to get her through this weird side door. You can get a wheelchair into the door but then have to levitate the wheelchair to turn inside, since the space is about the same size as say . . . a wheelchair. And the house is a trilevel, which is always the way to go with wheelchairs, with all the stairs and all. It is on a lake and there will be fireworks over the lake (yes, I am related to "boat people". I just pretend not to be). And Aunt Leona will get to go out and spend some time with the family, which will be what is important.

I stopped biting my nails for some reason . . . though I don't know why. I've been biting my nails since I was at least two years old so it's quite an adjustment. First, poking yourself in the eye hurts more. Taking out contacts is a dangerous and perilous experience. Writing is uncomfortable, because somehow my nail digs into my other finger. Typing is weird. And I know love to talk with my hands and click things. Love the clicking. So annoying to others I'm sure. Can't keep nail polish on them to save my life though.

No comments: