Sunday, December 18, 2005

Guinness up my nose

Last night at the Front I tried to breathe some Guinness. It worked out eventually, after I started breathing again but not before I sounded like a dying caribou . . . no wonder I never pick up any guys. There was that split second when I couldn't cough or breathe where I wondered how they would explain this to my parents and how my father would keep giggling . . . cause she died from beer. But I rallied and horked it up. It was incredibly unattractive.

Off to go buy a starter skateboard. How ironic is it that my parents would NEVER let me have a skateboard . . . but then voted for it during the "What should I get the child?" poll yesterday. The skateboard has won out over the Gameboy . . . but I can't buy just any skateboard due to my unfortunate knowledge of bearings and how they work. The skateboards at Target have really crappy bearings, which mean the wheels don't roll very well. From a mother's perspective, this would be a good thing . . . if the skateboard doesn't move very well, there are less broken things. From an Auntie perspective, non-rolling skateboard seem like no fun. So off to Modern Skate and Surf. Maybe I'll get a discount because of the hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for what it is worth, the ferman ladies voted for the game boy...it is safer!