Saturday, December 10, 2005

How Soon Is Now?

"It's a club and you've got to go . . . you could meet someone who really loves you . . ." -- The Smiths

So I'm going out tonight with M2 and maybe Princess, if she decides to be my friend again (I was off the list and perhaps still am). It's my turn to go to their side of town. While that side of town has places to go, they are much more, umm, let's say "frat" than this side of town, though where I live has it's share of them.

I tried to flip my hair out, which right now seems unsuccessful, and am late as I was already supposed to be there. It just seems so futile. We never meet anyone. No one ever talks to us. We never talk to anyone. Three Rolling Rocks and then I go home (after waiting the amount of time I need to drive, really officer, I mean it).

I suppose I should take the attitude that I get to hang out with two fun people that I like. We do have a good time. But if I was just going to hang out with M2 and Princess, why do we get dressed up? Why do I worry about the outfit and the makeup? Because we are looking and some of us are in our thirties and wondering if the fates really do have a plan or maybe if the plan is that we are supposed to be alone and the lady with the cats (which couldn't be me . . . with all of the allergies and all).

Yay . . . I have such a good attitude tonight. Hopefully I'll improve it by listening to The Smiths in the car on the way to that side of town. Yippee.

No comments: