Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Huh!?! What were you saying?

So I just received an email titled "Barbie is Satan". I believe this is in response to my matchdotcom profile title of "The Anti-Barbie" but let me assure the Mattel company and all of it's affiliates that I do not believe that Barbie is the actual Anti-Christ. She's just several conjoined pieces of plastic . . . she can't even walk without shoes, and high heeled shoes at that. I think that Satan would choose to be more mobile and choose a head that tears off less easily.

Back to the email . . . matchdotcom boy took the time to email me to let me know that he did NOT want to date me. I'm not sure where he was trying to get with that. I do have something in my profile about the interconnectiveness of the world and how it might not work out but I have lots of single friends . . . but that was supposed to be a scenario for AFTER you met me. This one has decided that he doesn't want to date me before he's even met me. Do I just look like I have cute friends? Do I have an asshole magnet tied to my person?

His actual words were "I'm not interested in dating" . . . so you're on matchdotcom because you like to throw money at the internet? Couldn't you throw money at the internet in much more personally fulfilling ways? (I'm thinking about charity . . . get your mind out of the gutter) (actually, MY mind was in the gutter but this is a family show, folks)

The rest of his email was very nice, to his credit. But now I have to email him back and suppress the question: So not interested in dating or not interested in dating me? Hmm . . . yeah, not going to ask that, but so want to, don't you?

And this is why I don't give out the blog address to the matchdotcom boys anymore. It's working out spectacularly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Interesting comment. I wish all men were like that... maybe they are?!

iamthanu said...

Great . . . now I have comments wishing that guys don't want to date . . .ME. Thank you for the support, really. Now if you could just get your foot off my throat. You're killing me here.

So you wish all men were more truthful? Was it verbal irony that I am missing? Do you really not want to me date? I'm allergic to cats . . . I won't do well as the crazy cat lady.

Anonymous said...

Sarcasm does not travel well in written form. I wish all men wanted to date you and you had your choice of whomever you would like. I think that is better. :)

iamthanu said...

Geez . . . that wouldn't be fun either. It would be like Christmas everyday or something. I do like the chase now and again. So no, I don't want all men to want to date me, especially men who own multiple Great Danes or something like that.

But thanks for the thought!