Friday, December 22, 2006

It's still dark

It's my first day off . . . and I'm up before it's light.

My father is picking out glasses this morning and has invited me . . . and well, I couldn't resist. The man is perfectly capable of picking out his own glasses but, if someone asks me for my opinion, I'll give it to him. He was an AV aide in high school and sometimes, just sometimes, it shows in his glasses selection. And I get to go to IKEA.

When we came up with this plan, I pointed out that IKEA was going to be like a demilitarized zone. People will be ill-behaved. There will be shouting, or at least some pushing. It's three days before Christmas. And my father, he is does NOT suffer fools gladly. He will tell them how to behave. Loudly. Which usually leads to more shouting . . . and potential shoving. Luckily, he is really intimidating, otherwise there would be shoving.

So happy, happy dad wrangling. And getting up at the butt-crack of dawn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No update on the experience?

iamthanu said...

My, aren't we demanding? I do have to sleep . . . and shop . . . so do my nails once in a while.