Friday, December 01, 2006

All I Want for Christmas

Despite my pretending to be Jewish . . . I should probably give my family some hints. D. and I are just buying ourselves knives, wrapping them up, tagging them with the other person's name, and then acting surprised. I have a plan for my sister-in-law's gift, which will cost me an outfit at Abercrombie and a fancy lunch but will be well worth it if it works out. (I know Abercrombie is awful about the whole image thing . . . even the kids ads are about being ultra-attractive . . . and I don't think that 10 year olds need cologne . . . but they have good fabrics and good clothes . . . so Z will look cute. And Plymouth appreciates a quality fabric. I know, I grew up there.) (Plus Z. and I always have fun with the napkin lessons. And the trying of new food.)

So I really want this. So much so, that I may not wait to see if I get it for Xmas. And some MAC lipstick in Russian Red. Cause I lost my old one. Oddly, a new tire gauge would be nice. And that thing from Nike to put in your shoe and connect to your ipod. Cashmere is always nice. I would like someone to make me deal with my dining room. And some cobalt blue sheets, as I only have one set and since I bought the pink duvet cover the sheets link it to the paint on the walls. Oh, and a gift certificate to IKEA might be nice.

I think I have a plan for Mom. A plan that does not involve sock yarn. Have to discuss Mere with my brother, as I would like to get her a big thing. Or rip out her kitchen for her. Or buy her a nice drill. J. is very hard to shop for . . . so might just buy him fancy snorkel gear . . . or just stuff for the eight cats. (If anyone would like a cat for Christmas, I have an "in".) And I have no idea what to get my father, so it might be nice if he would comment with his list . . . because evidently, after the ipod debacle of last year, I'm no good at picking his gift. And I never pick out the "right" clothes, so have to have him with me. (he has soooo many rules about sweaters, no buttons, no zippers . . . no colors . . . ) Already have things for him in the "gift drawer" but would like to buy something that he actually likes . . . and would use this year. (never uses the ipod)

Have Princess taken care of . . . will get M2 a funny book or something at Urban Outfitters . . . don't know about E2, she may get the same thing as Princess in a different color and style. Both E1 and M1 will be home for the holiday, but will plot about them later. Z. is getting socks and underwear, other than the lunch and outfit from Abercrombie. He does not care that he broke the gameboy. Told me so . . . so no heelies for him.

By the way, I pretty much just buy whatever I want anyhow. And certainly don't need anything, except maybe that knife safety video my sister keeps threatening to give me to go with the knives. And maybe some wine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pants likes Cashews, v neck sweater vests in somber solid colors, lots of different wines, and a variety of munchies.

You are right--he just buys what he wants.

Changing his oil would be good--hard with the shoulder and all....

iamthanu said...

D. is better at changing oil . . . and they do have Walmart.

Why didn't you call me back. Have to go return things now.