Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Things I am Currently Afraid of . . .

1. That I may actually be more excited about xmas break than my students . . . and possibly more hyper about it.
2. To check the damage to my landscaping, what little I have. It's dark and I can't see it, so I'm going to pretend that the diggers didn't come. I'll leave before it's light and it's been ages since I've been home before dark. Therefore, the giant digger tracks . . . they could just be shadows, right?
3. That I will be sick all break, since everyone around me is currently sick. Keep washing my hands like I have OCD.
4. Worried that I may have OCD because of all the hand washing.
5. Supposed to edit something, and am afraid to read it . . . because it might suck . . . or it might be tremendously good and I'll be jealous.
6. Afraid to call an old friend . . . after too many years . . . because there might be a reason that we are not still friends. Other than the reason I think.
7. Afraid that I will forget something/someone's xmas present. Problem with too many gift hiding places. And I'm never going to get it all done.
8. Afraid to apply for a job that hasn't even been posted, because I don't think I want it . . . and a friend really, really does.
9. Afraid that I will not get up on time tomorrow, as I somehow turned off my alarm today . . . and was just lucky.
10. Afraid that the antique lighted star on the top of my plastic xmas tree may burn my house down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Sister Says...
1. Other People do not get "break" celebrate and be hyper.
2. Digger Trucks - what Digger Trucks - if you can't see them they are not really there.
3. Keep up the OCD Handwashing - the most current Flu Bug is actually the Norovirus...you get Flu Like sickness for two days (upchuck and squirts) and feel fine - but carry the illness for two weeks and can pass it on to others...it is a nasty bug! 4. Who cares?
5. Don't be jealous - just write something better of your own..
6. Dont do it.
7. Call your sister and tell her if you purchased D's Present - or if she needs to scramble. Try creating a bin in your attic for presents instead of a scatter - works for me..
8. Apply for that job anyway - remember Morna's Sticky Note.
9. Set an additional Alarm. Cell Phones work.
10. Unplug the Star!

MT

iamthanu said...

The tree is very far from organic . . . see the part where I pointed out that I may be barren and cancerous from putting it up. I might feel better if it were organic material.

And MT, I did call you. D didn't get the stuff, so you can (and did). Morna's sticky note meant for me to go someplace else, not get closer to the people. Old friend is harmless (and old) (K.). The star looks rad for the fire hazard that it is. And the book, well, I was being nice about the jealous part. Other people read this once in a while.