Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thirtysomething

Friend on the phone last weekend: When I was in my twenties, I was networking . . . I was out, at the bar, part of the scene. And now, well . . . I'm lucky if I remember that it's Friday night. Remember last week? When I wondered why The Emory was so busy? What happened?

Tomorrow is Friday. And I am looking forward to the following:

A union Christmas party that I am required to attend. At Jack's. The fifty year old divorcee bar. And my buddy isn't even the D.J.. So I can't request ridiculous songs, like "Gold digger" or something from The Smiths.

From there, a visitation at a funeral home. An acquaintance's mother died yesterday and the viewing is tomorrow. It is near the party . . . and I can't imbibe at the party (lest, I tell people what I think . . . of them), so I will stop by and show my support. Her mother was ninety, so it was not a surprise, but still.

After that, maybe I'll vacuum. Definitely will do laundry. And I have to take apart my toilet, because it has gotten to the point that I cannot ignore the fact that it is running all the time.

So yeah, my Friday night plan is to disassemble my toilet. And hopefully, reassemble it to working condition. All before ten o'clock, because that is when the Depot closes, in case I have to buy a new one . . . in the worse case scenario.

So yeah. What happened?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kiddo kiddo kiddo....so much sarcasm...when and where does it end ..life will begin if you let it and quit judging people all the time...i mean how bad can the people be at your school if you have such inhibited thoughts...cmon man, lighten up and live a little..tom

Anonymous said...

I feel the need to comment on the comment. As for the people at her work.... she is not exaggerating.

Anonymous said...

Tom, you obviously have never worked in the education profession...it is not just HER school!!!

As for what happened...I think it is called being an adult!?!

iamthanu said...

I won't respond to the "kiddo" comment, other than to say that I find the "life will begin if you let it" part interesting.

Thank you to the others. I know it's being an adult . . . I just wish being an adult was sometimes more fun.