Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Found My Target Audience

I went to my hairstylist yesterday to show her that I fixed the My Pretty Pony turquoise and to make an appointment to dye my hair a "reasonable" color. It will be changed on August 17 . . . for those who want to get their pictures in before then.

My mother was getting her hair cut. Believe it or not, I found this stylist through her (and she is probably still kicking herself for suggesting that I go to Jennifer). And then we went out to lunch. Typical Mom/Daughter together time.

As we were leaving the restaurant, there was a group of boys outside. They had skateboards and were pretty ordinary suburban malcontents.

"Hey. I love your hair." one boy said, brown hair falling into his eyes. He could have been all of twelve or thirteen.

"Thanks." I said and kept walking.

"Yeah, it looks really good. So . . . I tried to dye my hair green once . . . um . . . it didn't turn out so well."

At this point, I go into informing the masses. "This is really hard work." I say pointing towards the blue and then go into the steps and the weekly dyeing. All of this while still walking.

"So you've found who wants to pick you up with that hair." my mother says, once we are out of earshot.

So according to my mother, I appeal to a twelve year old audience. First of all, eeehhhwww. Though she might just be trying to get me to change it back sooner. And second of all . . . eeehhhwww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO, that's awesome. The kid and your mom's reaction both.