Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Last Day

Today is the last day of the blue hair. Last day for children to look at me in wonder. Last day for the homeless person to tell me how good my hair looks. Last day to be totally separate in a room, without really noticing.

That was the most interesting thing about this experience. I know I have blue hair. I see it in the mirror. I can picture it in my head. But when I go out in public, I forget that having blue hair is weird. That people are going to stare at me and frown. Or raise their eyebrows slightly. Or, my favorite, refuse to look at me at all.

So it was an entire summer of "What? Do I have something on my face? Is my fly open?" when it was just my hair.

And I have to say, the blue hair . . . maybe it's my skin tone, or my aura (my aura was "shiny" the other day, but that is another entry), or maybe it's just that humans should not have blue hair . . . but it never really felt as "right" as the bright red did. Say what you want, Mom. I loved the red. The red made me feel confident and beautiful and special. And the blue? It made me feel different. Which was cool, don't get me wrong. Maybe it's just that the blue somehow wasn't as approachable as the red. Don't know.

So it's back to black tomorrow. I'm trying to grow it out and have already planned the perfect thing to say to my "loves to cut" stylist. Pigtails. Maybe a color streak next summer . . . but then again, I have to stop watching LAink, or I'm going to get some sleeves and become a tattoo artist. And I so want a nickname like "Pixie". Don't know why. I would be a wicked good tattoo artist though. And I'm due for a career change.

Sigh. So last day. I have to break George out of his bag and take some pictures. So sad. Sniff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blue was better the more faded it got...and once you got used to it. I just don't think it had the "zap" of the red, but still like the black the best. Make you look Pretty.

If you get too sad, I still have that multi-color clown wig in the costume box!!!

Be brave!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture:) I think the new hairdo is lovely!
- Princess

iamthanu said...

You're welcome. You are the only person who got one . . .

Anonymous said...

I feel so special. By the way, what is the sudden need for a second job?
- Princess