Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not the Tomb Raider One

It was an interesting day.

Giving advice . . . when I don't take advice very well. Certainly don't do well with constructive criticism. Felt very much like the pot speaking firmly with the kettle about being black today.

Finished the baby hat that I'm not sure I'm going to send. QO doesn't have a last name . . . so I'm not sure how to address it. Okay, I'm sure he has a last name, I just don't know what it is. And why knit for people if you don't even know their last names? Very cute hat though. Just the right color blue . . . organic cotton yarn . . . very soft . . . almost wish it was big enough for me.

I just got off the phone. Talked Peter Pan down for a while, using tiny stitches on his shadow. Doesn't want to grow up . . . doesn't want to live like this though. Spinny, spinny, spinny. Conversation ended with how much he was attracted to Angelina Jolie . . . not the Tomb Raider one, when she was in Hackers was better, without the fake boobs. So much for the grounding conversation about being a grown up.

So now I'm tired. Kinda the theme for the summer. Just tired. Languishing. Perhaps the Fall will be better.

I did buy the cutest ballet flats though. Red. Shiny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have good words though... taking advice is tough even when you know it is right.

Anonymous said...

Which is cuter the kettle or the pot?

iamthanu said...

What kind of question is that? Like asking me which Angelina I liked better.

I did get asked that. And really, I had no answer.