Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tempting Me with The Meat of the Shores

"You can't turn vegan. That's ridiculous. That's like calling yourself Jewish."

"I'm not vegan . . . I eat yogurt. And I had french toast this week." thinking about how I occasionally do call myself Jewish, but only because I work in the whitest, most Catholic, closed-minded school district and I like to shake them up a bit. I'm sure the state of Israel doesn't mind. Really. Too much.

"So we can't go out to Andiamo's then."
"Princess, I'll just eat pasta. I'm sure they have marinara sauce. It will be fine."
"Really? Because I'm having a steak . . . AND it's half off wine night."
"You can have a steak. Other people can eat meat. Heck, I may eat meat next week."
"But eat it in front of you? I wouldn't want to tempt you with the meat of the Shores."

Now I'm thinking about seafood, much of which I don't like. But Princess means the breaded NY Strip they have . . . which is good. But not so good that I can't stand to just watch her eat it.

"The meat of the Shores?"
"Yes, tempting you with The meat of the Shores . . . because I don't want to end up in your blog, after making you eat meat."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to hear what meat Princess tempted you with.

Code Name Pirate

Anonymous said...

And yet, she is in the blog anyway.......

iamthanu said...

She tempted me with NY Strip, as planned. I ate mannocati. But I'm pretty sure there was gelatin in the dessert.

And saying that you "don't want to be in the blog" just ensures that you will be in the blog. Princess knows this. Everyone knows this.

hud said...

Yes, everyone knows this. ;-)