Saturday, August 04, 2007

No Bacony Goodness

I played Dr. Laura today, which is always a dangerous thing.

And then we went to lunch. And he ordered three eggs with the plate of meat. Literally, a plate with just meat on it. Bacon . . . sausage . . . ham . . . yummy, yummy bacon . . . (Homer noise)

In the car, before lunch, we had discussed my plan about meat. That I'm starting slowly. That I can't be vegan because of my shoe fetish. (No, not that kind of fetish. Geez, get your minds out of the gutter. I just like to shop . . . for shoes.) And specifically about how I would be really tempted for yummy bacon goodness with my french toast and hash browns. (Again, geez, yes. I know. French Toast. Eggs. But I don't think the eggs have fear hormones. Maybe.)

And then he ordered the plate o' meat. I had to drink my iced tea plain. With no nutrasweet . . . and no bacon. It was a bummer. I got through it. Because I felt great yesterday. Not so much today, but maybe it will balance out tomorrow. I did eat a lot of fruit.

Oh, and soy ice cream. Yeah. No wonder vegans are skinny. Blech.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is going on? Seriously, I leave for a week, and you are a vegan? We love steak! Red wine can not happen without a great piece of meat. Are your parents aware of your moment of insanity?
- Princess

p.s. I am calling you asap:)

iamthanu said...

Yah. You leave. I read. I decide that there are too many growth hormones and adrenaline in meat. It happens.

Just trying to see if it makes me feel better. Body as temple and all that shit. Sorry. Salad goes fine with red wine . . . red wine goes really well with red wine. I still eat cheese. You like cheese.

And if I start to feel better, less sluggish, then great. And if not, there's still eating meat. Meat isn't going to be discontinued because I'm not eating it currently.

Anonymous said...

You can't be vegan and eat cheese. I know you know this. I am just pointing out the difficulties.