Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Belmont, cont.

It was pointed out today that I missed two parts of the story.

First part: E2 leans closer to me and says in a low voice, "I think we are the only people here with no tattoos." This was unsettling to her. Having the lowest tattoo count (of zero) and having the best hair. Like they were going to jump us, mess up our hair, and get out the buzzing ink guns to make us belong. E2 also noticed that people kept coming in and out of this door marked "private" . . . eventually, I figured out that it lead to the basement and I appeased her curiosity by telling her "that's where the bordello is . . . " when really I think downstairs is where they were doing all the drugs.

Second part: In addition to the obnoxious "toilet" band, there seem to be two overly zealous groupies for said band. And they are a couple that are my parents' age . . . and they have a video camera. Which leads me to believe that they are the lead singer's parents. In addition to clapping the loudest for every song, and video taping the whole thing, they were also dancing as wildly as a sixty year old can dance. So proud of their boy. The boy who cannot spell polyp . . . but can sing as crudely as he can about them.

Surreal.

Okay, I'm done with the Belmont.

No comments: