Wednesday, October 03, 2007

This is the Last Day of Our Acquiantance

"This is the last day of our acquiantance
I will meet you later in somebody's office
I'll talk, but you won't listen to me
I know your answer already . . . "

It would be so easy. I could just smile and thank you for the cute gesture ("I've got a new word for you") . . . it was how we met, what roped me in. And I appreciate attention. And I don't like conflict.

And quite frankly, I expected you to start first. But you really just wanted to talk, to play friends, you really are just lonely. And you know I will be nice to you.

But you only contact me when you are sad and lonely. I know she is leaving you. And you can't say that the timing is coincidential. And I don't want to be that girl.

And so I laid it out for you. Sorry, I'm not in the same place anymore. And I'm not your rebound girl. And I'm certainly no trained monkey.

We have mutual friends, that I am unwilling to give up. So I will see you again. But this is the last day. Because like the song states, you have taken me for granted.

No comments: