Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Beware the Ides of March

Or, why I can no longer date.

I don't like psychics.

And this dislike goes back to when for fun, E1 and I went to a psychic fair . . .

Got my palm read . . . blah, blah, blah, . . . typical stuff. Except the ending. "Do you want me to tell you this?" the man said. "I don't usually tell people stuff like this that I see."

There is a man your life that is evil. Very dark. Avoid him. He will try to become close to you. Bring you down with him. Avoid him.

E1 was with me. You could ask her.

And I chalked it up to the recently broken-up with ex-boyfriend (who was really just annoying, maybe bad, but not evil . . . ) and called it good.

And then that thing went down . . . you know that thing . . . and I didn't trust anyone for years and my life was completely f**ked up . . . and I was spending every night watching, making sure nothing happened . . . and it took over my life. God love the friends who listened to my crap at that time. God love my family for putting up with me. And thank goodness I took that social workers advice.

So I don't take psychic stuff lightly. And I know that it will never happen in any way that you would think it would happen. I assumed it would be a romantic interest . . . instead it had to do with my career. I wasn't on guard. Had forgotten all about it.

And my mother called yesterday. Said her friend, who sees things, asked about me. Said I would meet someone who is a danger to me. On the internet. Said that I should be very careful about my personal information. This to a girl who blogs her life on the internet. Said some other things to . . . but I don't want to jinx the good things by writing them down.

So fun is over. Cause I can't tell who is a danger . . . and it could be the dating or it could be work or it could be the random guy on the street. Or the dvd I buy next week. And I wasn't there to ask questions. And what level of danger? Annoying? Kill me in my sleep? Destroy my psyche? It sounds like I'm being flip, but I'm not. I'm actually freaking.

E2 offered to give the kids my address and have them toilet paper my house, just so I wouldn't dwell.

And for the record . . . I wasn't trying too hard. I was having fun.

No comments: