Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sans Back Seat

"I mean, what do I need a back seat for? . . . I'm not going to have kids anytime soon."

I'm looking at sports cars, I think. Because I am closer to forty than thirty. Because I don't have any car seats. Because I can.

And I went out to breakfast with my father and listened about Prague. Watched someone drop her kid on her head. Watched cute dad with two under two. And there were diapers, and screaming, and goo.

And I'm going to shop for a sports car.

And I have changed the handmade baby present presentation three times in the last 24 hours . . . want to sit and talk, but hard to avoid subjects when you bring presents celebrating them. So the air of dread, which it shouldn't be. I should have just mailed it.

And I have become better, finally and perhaps just for this moment, at thinking positively about my situation. I have a job that I get to draw and I get hugs in fifth hour (I teach the developmentally disabled that hour), I have a nice house, good shoes, and too much stuff. And I'm in the market for a sports car. F**K, I'm the new American Dream. Or at least the boy version.

Going to see "Lars and the Real Girl" this evening. And hopefully it will have an ending that will not create "I don't have a relationship" angst . . . although I have too many relationships already, really, truthfully. They are not Relationships with a capital R but relationships, nonetheless. I am not bored or boring. But perhaps I can get my own "missionary". He he.

But I still don't need a backseat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do too need a backseat...where else will all of your crap gather?!??! You want to be able to sit in your car don't you?

MT
p.s. Mustard Plug is on the 16th - not the 10th

Anonymous said...

GGGGGGGEEEEEESSSSSSHHHHH! I was going to ask if you planned to pull a trailer behind the sports car with your "stuff", but obviously someone else also knows your car!!!

Sports cars are highly over-rated! And hard to get into and out of. Fun, but not very practical! And the insurance is higher....are you sure you donn't want an SUV/urban assualt vehicle?

Anonymous said...

So.....you are not going to even defend yourself here?

iamthanu said...

What's to defend? My sister is my sister . . . I'll just make her laugh at Thanksgiving and milk will go up her nose. And whomever else, well, someday you might need the crap in my car. That's why I keep it there.

Well, not the Starbucks wrappers . . . I don't really need those. But they make good scrap paper should I need to write things down. And I have pens usually under the seat.

Whatever. I'm disorganized. Part of my charm.