Monday, October 01, 2007

Imaginary Friends

I sometimes will catch a television show called Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends . . . which is about a shelter for when kids grow out of their imaginary friends.

And my life is sometimes quite segmented, yet I tell all these stories. And I'm beginning to wonder if people think I have imaginary friends. Matthew Good was on the radio today. Free regular radio. This new old person station that I have taken to listening to in the last few days. Because it is programmed in my mother's car. Matthew Good . . . singing on the radio . . . even though all my friends may think he is imaginary.

And I dragged poor E2 out with bop-bop. To show her that he was not imaginary. Real. Tall, skinny, depressed and really there. Likewise, to show bop-bop that I had friends and wasn't just making it up. Worlds collide.

So yeah, I'm not making this all up, my life that is. I might squige a little for dramatic effect . . . like just making up the word squige (like squid but with a geh sound instead of duh) . . . but it's not imaginary. Because sometimes, I think people don't believe me.

No comments: