Monday, October 08, 2007

Guilty?

Exploring the nature of guilt today.

I don't have many issues with regret. Don't usually want a "do over" or to change things.

(Okay, distraction . . . someone has found a detention slip and posted it on my bulletin board above my desk. It has "get me some newports please" scrawled across it, which is hilarious to the writer, and I know who he is, but not really funny to me.)

Okay back to guilt. Remorse. Karmic shifting. Things have been going too well. Too smoothly. Eerily so.

(The teacher next door is giving a lecture about being in high school and immaturity. Just threatened to throw erasers at them if they throw them again in her room. So hard not to intercede. Because I think getting the teacher to throw an eraser at me is funny. And if I think it's funny . . . . )

So why do I feel guilty? I haven't harmed anyone or anything . . . well, I did break a wine glass, but it's a marble table and s**t happens. Perhaps this feeling is anticipation, waiting for the other shoe to drop, which is a silly way to think. I don't know. Maybe I just need a nap.

On the plus side, my hair is extra spikey today . . . and I forgot it was picture day. So spikey ID this year. YAY.

No comments: