Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Poor Skunk

The skunk was diagnosed today . . . with a $1460 problem. This would be fine, my love for the skunk being deep, except that the skunk is not worth over $2000. And that is through my biased eyes. It has over 150,000 miles on it. And a possible bearing problem. In addition to the bad PCM thingy.

Can one hold a funeral for her car?

And can someone drive me there to pick up the skunk? From the expensive people?

My brother has offered some other options, but I think I may donate it. Makes me so sad though. My little racecar. Sigh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE SKUNK IS A DEATHTRAP! And a moneypit too....beware whomever she convinces to drive...

iamthanu said...

Mere, that's not nice. Take it back. Take it back or I will hold you down and do that spit string thing in your face.

And give you an indian burn. Geez, the skunk can hear you, you know.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's the end of an era. Fare thee well, skunkmobile . . .

-the other one

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear! I have to agree, it is the end of an era! However, I have to say, the first time I saw that car, I remember thinking "who would have a car like that?", and then I met you. It all made sense:)It was the start of a beautiful friendship!
Love ya!
- Princess

Anonymous said...

maybe you should have it bronzed--and you could make it a water feature in your backyard or something!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Skunk!....I take it back - but please...be careful when driving. I think I agree with the Bronzing for the Backyard.

Mere

iamthanu said...

It is still at the dealership . . . I cannot get it back. They are hopefully towing it tomorrow to my driveway. I will look into the bronzing thing.

A friend today sighed and said "You don't make any sense." This when I was agast at the suggestion that the skunk be sold for parts. Shudder. Too horrible to think about.

And they're right . . . I don't make any sense. But good golly, I love that car.