Friday, January 20, 2006

Aargh . . . Why Can't People Spell?

I am now going to give all the men out there looking on the internet a little piece of important knowledge . . . sit quietly and listen closely. When you are trying to impress people with your writing, like, for example your matchdotcom profile, use SPELL CHECK.

I just received an email from a guy that "likes to hang out with his freinds" and likes to watch sports "ECT, ECT, ECT" . . . and he could be the nicest man in the world (in fact, in his profile he writes about being the nice guy) but I have no interest in a man with freinds, who can't figure out how to cut and paste into Microsoft Word, ect, ect, ect. I know that matchdotcom doesn't have spell check. It's probably a plot on their part to help people with hang-ups about spelling weed potentials out but yet, I feel guilty.

Oh, and in his email to me there was something about helping him with "unrulley" feelings and I'm not sure what that's about . . . but it scares me.

On a more positive note, I don't know if the matchdotcom demons want me to resubscribe or if I'm just popular this week (I'm cynically sure it's the former) but I'm suddenly getting three emails a day . . . up from no emails for months. Don't get me wrong, only 33% can spell. It's still interesting nonetheless . . .

Now before we get all crotchety, I do make a spelling mistake or two. I admit this readily. However, I do know how to spell unruly and I do know how to spell check. Love the spell check! Embrace the spell check. Use the spell check, like it's tied up in your closet thinking of it's safe word.

No comments: