Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mmmmm. . . coney island

I got stuck at work today . . . making four slightly different tests for tomorrow. I don't have desks. I have tables in my room (as I used to be the art teacher and art teachers have tables) and tables make it very easy to look at one another's scantrons. So four different tests, four different keys, four different piles of copies, etc.

E2 was still at school and agreed to go each junk food at the coney island with me. The knitting store called to say the knitting needles I wanted for my mother (which I ordered before Xmas) are in . . . I had a meeting that lasted an hour and a half. So just like always, an incredibly exciting day.

This weekend is the Marshall Field's warehouse sale and I have coupons, so an even more exciting Saturday. Though I need a "sitter". They have to be tough . . . those Birmingham thirtysomethings and their mothers are vicious. Plus they have to be willing to get up early on a Saturday to get in the "open . . .open . . .open" line.

Oh, and it's cheaper to get to Europe in February than it is to go to New York for a week. So Paris it is . . . or Frankfort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll Be Your Sitter - call me and tell me how much earlier than you I am going to have to get up...maybe I will stay at the parents...

MT

iamthanu said...

I will meet you at the 'rents tomorrow . . . I have coupons too! 10% off the scratch and dent furniture!