Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Imaginary scarves and meetings

I just broke a nail and have figured out that I have a least two meetings every day this week. I really want some Rowan Kidsilk Haze for a scarf that is in my head . . . so I can knit it and then wear it in France but I can't get to the fancy knitting store with all the meeting hinderances. (You can't buy Rowan kidsilk haze at Michael's and I am a yarn snob) I still have to walk and it's sleeting and miserable . . . and I still have to walk.

While I'm being girly, I ate half a granola bar today and couldn't finish it because I could taste the high fructose corn syrup and it sickened me. I could, however, eat a patty melt and fries with no guilt, queasiness or questioning, so I haven't completely crossed over to health nut. I'm just irrational instead.

So I'll knit this scarf (that's currently planned in my head) on 10 1/2 needles, so it will be really open and loose, in black if they even have black kidsilk haze. I just need a yarn store that's open vampire hours. (I know, the internet sells yarn . . . but I have to touch it before I buy it)

No comments: