Sunday, January 01, 2006

The All New, with More Chipperness, Me

To answer all the questions for my all of three readers . . . no, it didn't happen. I drove home (didn't get pulled over and drove exactly the speed limit), wrote a text message, knit eight rows of a hat, put my pajamas on and went to bed.

Got up, did 150 sit-ups and some tricep pulls and currently thinking about taking a shower so I can go for a walk. Might go to my parents for dinner. But New Year's always makes me sad. Maybe it's the another year older thing? Maybe it's the I haven't accomplished what I want to accomplish? Don't know. Maybe it's just supposed to make you sad. It didn't help that I watched "You've got Mail". A Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie will do that to you. To prolong the agony, I may rent "High Fidelity". Oooh, or "Must Love Dogs".

Last week, I was compared to Stockard Channing . . . I did not find this to be flattering (sorry random thought). I haven't made any resolutions yet, no wait, maybe one . . . to talk to strangers more. I can talk the ears off people I know, so much so that they get bored. If I talk to strangers, they don't already know my stories AND it takes the pressure off the people I do know. A genius plan. And I figure if you talk to enough strangers, you might find some that you like and that like you.

As for the chipperness, I don't know if I can swing it. At least not today. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. After all, I did do sit ups.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I watched the Meg Ryan movie a thon last night too! Ever notice how she is "with someone" in each movie (you've got mail, sleepless in Seattle), but not the right someone, and when she tells them, they say O.K., and smile and life goes on and they stay friends even though she falls madly in love with the "right" guy...yeah, right. Not at all real life!

Cute movies though!

Anonymous said...

I too saw that "You've Got Mail" was on. I however did not watch. Knowing that I could not handle watching Meg Ryan again have more than enough men for one woman was not what I was in the mood for. How is that for "chipper"?

iamthanu said...

Meg Ryan is so cute and perky though . . . how could Tom Hanks or Greg Kinear or (who's her ex-husband again?) anyone for that matter resist?

Yes, unlike a Meg Ryan movie with it's convoluted but easily unraveled plot twists, life is not simple. At all. Especially for one that is always overanalyzing and constantly suspicious of people's ulterior motivations, as if people have those.

Which is why Meg Ryan movies make money . . . and my life doesn't . . .