Saturday, January 07, 2006

Costco Jeans a.k.a. Oh, Lord, I've become my Father

Last night I went into to Costco and came out with some jeans . . .

But first we have to go back . . . back to winter (holiday) break when I had little to occupy my time, other than wondering when A or M was going to call because I don't call boys. One day I went to Mervyn's. I hate Mervyn's and therefore because I refused to shop there, they are going out of business (inflated ego, I know . . . but work with me). Obviously, others had the same thoughts about Mervyn's. But they have huge neon 50% off signs in all the windows . . . and I know they carry converse, so I go in. Plus, it's like a celebration of my shopping taste, their going out of business sale. While in the store, I find racks of Levi's. Rack upon rack of Levi's in all different flavors . . . 501s, 515s, etc. I try on several pairs, decide on one that I really like, try on the "petite" version, decide that after I wash them the short version will be too short, am about to go to the checkout and . . . decide I don't need jeans, even if they are only $20. It was a 30 minute distraction, in a life full of distractions.

Last night at Costco, they had the same jeans as the pair I almost bought, but even cheaper. Same dumb pressed in crease lines, same tags, just four dollars cheaper. And remembering that the short version was going to be too short, I bought what Levi's terms "M" or regular people length.

I am now wearing jeans that are at least three inches too long. It's not the eighties, I can't cuff them . . . I think they were actually "L" length with an "M" sticker because the ones I tried on last week were certainly not this long. So I have to find a tailor for $16 jeans. I would just cut them off, but then they get all frayed. I'm going to have to go and buy the short ones next week. So yeah, jeans dragging under my shoes . . . cause I didn't NEED to try them on because I already had at another store. (Plus you can't try on jeans at Costco anyhow . . . at least not being decent)

I know that getting them hemmed is going to cost more than the jeans themselves and of course, I've already worn them outside so I can't return them. The Salvation Army may be getting some really nice LONG jeans next week. And men wonder why we have to try stuff on all the time. I swear they are marked with the exact same size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, because you did not try them on with the tags on so you could return them, you will have to wash them. Hopefully they will shrink in the right direction!