Saturday, January 28, 2006

Maybe

For matchdotcom blind date no. five, I went out with the nicest guy in the universe . . . and I said all the wrong things. It was amazing. It was like being able to see the road I should take in the conversation and yet veering off into the woods anyway, without four wheel drive or anything.

The best "I can't believe I just said that . . . " moment was the end of the date. I walked him to his car (I had walked and wouldn't let him drive me home) and he said, "Well, so . . . should we hang out again?" To which I replied, "Maybe." That's right folks, I said "maybe." I could of just stabbed the guy and took his money because that would have been less painful than "maybe."

So yeah, I'm a jerk and I can't even help it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, match.com does eventually lead to an acceptable date. At least that is progress!

iamthanu said...

An acceptable date for whom?

There is a line in a Jack Johnson song -- "It seems to me that maybe, pretty much always means no . . ."

But whatever. . .