Monday, April 23, 2007

New Stuff

For my birthday, I bought a shed. Actually, a 6'x8' rubbermaid tote with doors.

Unfortunately, a 6'x8' rubbermaid tote comes in 500 pieces, which are now in my backyard waiting to be assembled like some giant lego project. The instructions do not have any words. I find this disturbing.

So in assessing the situation, I have determined that I will have to tear down the old shed first. My insurance company sends me a special letter every year, telling me that they will not insure the shed and I think if I lean on it in the right spot, it may just fall. But I have to clean it out first. And the only thing in the shed that I put there? The lawnmower. All the other stuff was the previous owner's, and has been there for fifty years. Untouched. And spidery. So after I put on some protective gear and pull all that out, I might just tie a rope around the shed and tie the other end to my truck. It sounds like a fun Friday afternoon.

And then I have to find someone that is really good with legos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh, I love putting together things with lots of parts and no words!! I get a strange thrill out of Ikea furniture, how you take a million bits of particle board and cam locks and an allen wrench and at the end you have a hensvik or a droop or whatever. Is that grounds for having the men with the butterfly nets come?

-the other one

iamthanu said...

Ummm . . . yes. I will be sending the men with the butterfly nets and the "special" jacket.

And you can fly in and lego up that shed any time now.