Monday, April 16, 2007

Saw the News Today . . . Oh Boy . . .

Well . . . yeah . . . my life isn't that bad.

I scurried to my car today, after dealing with a fight this morning and the senior beer T-shirts that they all want to wear after spring break . . . and realized, horribly, that my life is great. Just as soon as I turned on the news.

And school shootings always make me cry . . . and I don't find it any different because it was a college. My heart goes out to Virginia and the families and their loss. To the people who ran out to pull the students back into another building. And I haven't watched the news yet, but I'm sure I will be sickened.

And we will have a meeting about it tomorrow and there will be reaction and more reaction . . . about making everything "safer". When there is no "safer". I'm sorry kids. It's a terrible world sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that is part of the problem. My parents, their parents, and their parents KNEW what a terrible world it was...Indians, Typhoid, TB, Consumption, drowning in the Creek--happened all the time. Not the mention mine accidents, War, sinking of the Titanic, etc. Life was uncertain--all the time.

No Disney Land for my ancestors! My generation could be snatched by Polio at any moment.

Todays kids see reruns on TV all the time. The guy that was killed is in a new movie next year....death is?? not real, or permanent--not like before "moving pictures"--then dead was dead....

Think they had a little more respect for life back then....