Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Okay, Today We are Going to Talk About Blogs

I have been asked to do a presentation about blogging tomorrow.

Does that take me out of amateur status?

I don't think I'm getting paid. Evidently, I'm focusing on being a writer, a teacher of writing and the different utilities that you can use to blog. Wonder if I should bring up that I'm not a blogger. (remember? diarist.) Maybe I could quickly make up a "not a blogger" shirt.

I did have a slight panic attack about whether I should share my address or not. I think I will just look up "teacher blogs" on google -- the internet is a wonderful thing and show mine as one example without giving the address. No use in giving 40 busy bodies the material that makes my mother's eyes roll.

So I'm going semi-pro.

2 comments:

iamthanu said...

Update: So I make some "handouts" and I'm all ready to give this whiz-bang presentation . . . and just before I put my fingers to the keys to pull up examples, the power goes out. So I had to talk about technology and blogs without any technology . . . or blogs.

It was a wonderful afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I work in computing, welcome to the wonderful world of electronic presentations...