Monday, April 09, 2007

There was That One Summer

My mother just sent me an email chastising me for being on the Princess "Tan of the Isles" plan.

"eehw -- skin cancer"

I would just like to point out, for the record, that one of the multiple summers that I was grounded SHE MADE ME GET A TAN. I was well into my morbid, listen to Robert Smith and hide in the basement phase. I looked like Lydia from Beetlejuice. And was quite proud of it (things haven't changed all that much . . . though I'm not all that into the Cure anymore). My mother dragged me to Murray's Lake everyday that summer. It had water and sun. I tanned. I remember, because I was so pissed about my school picture that September. Me with blond hair and a decidedly unpunk tan. I looked so . . . healthy. And well-adjusted. It was awful.

So the woman who is responsible for that should be happy. Even though Princess' plan has backfired and I look like a lobster. (I am not in too much pain, so something worked) Don't tell anyone, especially Princess, but I slathered on spf 30 today . . . and will do it again when I sneak off to the bathroom at the pool. Cause I look like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer currently. And the allure of tan lines cannot overcome the repulsiveness of that.

Off to the super target.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that I am reading this blog. I will be checking your bags for any contraband sunblock!
- Princess
P.S. I am getting a great tan. You just need to follow the program.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how she was going to hide from you, Princess. She knows you read the blog. Of course she also knocked her poor mother, who also reads the blog. Maybe Em is right, the sun is negatively affecting her judgement. I almost feel bad addressing a comment to someone else on her blog. Almost.

iamthanu said...

Princess is practically sitting next to me whenever I write anything this week . . . and I think that you are misunderstanding things.

This is all in good fun. No need for underwear to be bunched.

Anonymous said...

YEAH SUPERTARGET! K-zoo almost has one (no deli or produce) so you will have to visit sometime this summer - so we can buy wine at Target - and Yogurt too!
As for the tan - this will just get you ready so that you won't have to be a lobster in Key West.
- Mere