Friday, March 17, 2006

Blogger Backload or Why is it so Light in Here?

Blogger was down for a whole 20 or so hours . . . and it took me about an hour last night to figure out that it wasn't just ME but the whole of blogger that was "F"ed up. In the sinking feeling of "oh, crap this really doesn't work" (without, of course, checking the help section) I decided to make at least a quick backup of what I had written so far, in case something was the "fatal error" that it was saying it was . . .

It should be pointed out that I have another blog set up, an extra one . . . set up when playing at first and never taking down. And last night I could post to that one. Thus the panic that the year of blog would be lost, while the blog with one post sat smugly. "I'll show for giving me a name that is not as easy to remember."

So the archive has been made . . . in word because it was quick. I was in bed by bedtime. All was (sort of) right with the world. And then I cracked my eye open (right one for those who care) and wondered why the room was so light. I looked at my watch . . . yes, I wear one to bed, I'm blind and can't see my alarm clock, because I have to put my alarm clock very far away, because . . . well, it's just too many becauses. 7:05. I usually leave the house at 6:55 a.m.

Managed to get to work on time . . . wasn't pretty and forgot a bunch of essentials, like say, my phone, but was on time. So add buy new alarm clock (or maybe fix this one) to the list of duties for the weekend. I'm pretty sure it was operator error, not the alarm clock's problem . . . but I really like a shower in the morning.

No comments: