Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My Computer May have Bird Flu

Two twenty minute phone calls to the cable company later . . . and I am back on the internet. Not that anyone on the phone helped me . . . yes, I know how to "ipconfig" . . . "ohhh, yeah honey, it's seems that there may be a problem in your area." Like the wind? "Well . . . yeah . . . fourteen other people have called from your area, honey."

Can you imagine? Someone calling me "honey"? (E2 better not make that my new name at school)

Had already reset the modem. Had a bad ip address for a while, so know how to reset the modem since the cable company always starts with that and couldn't figure out what was wrong for a week. A week in the summer, can you imagine? There was a lot of walking to the library.

"So I can send someone on a 'special call' tomorrow . . . they'll come anytime between eight a.m. and eight p.m." No sorry, I'm not going to take a day off and be chained to the house for what might be wind. I have to work. And there is an internet connection at work.

My brother suggested that I might just watch some T.V.

Naah.

But maybe it works now . . . slowly . . . like it has a cough or something, but working.

No comments: