Friday, March 17, 2006

Stargazing

As this is one of my least favorite holidays, despite my quasi-Irish heritage, I went out to Stately Wayne Manor this evening. Mr. Crabbypants only lost a dime-sized piece of this face and basically then received a free face lift . . . but only on one side. He has to "relax" for two weeks, which will be harder than the surgery. My mother wanted me to park my truck blocking his jeeps so he can't escape.

The stars are much brighter here, without all the light pollution and I had to surpress the urge to lie down in the middle of the street just to look up. (If Z had been here we would have) Spotted some planets (I think), Orion, the Little Dipper . . . finally appreciate what little I remember from that Astronomy class I suffered through. Could even tell the subtle differences in color.

So glad that Mr. CP now has "clean margins". I will take him to Starbucks tomorrow to get him out of the house. We are drinking the wine I brought back (and sat through Customs for) from France . . . and he is already yelling at my mother (about cars), so he must be feeling okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear about Mr. CP.