Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Week Ahead

As I prepare for my weekly Royal Oak ritual, I realize that I am dreading this week. The headache I currently have is not helping. I'm trying to be more in the moment lately, but the thoughts still creep in . . .

So after I get home, I will try on all the suits in my closet. Find conservative yet elegant shoes, go buy two pairs of pantyhose. Agonize about whether wearing red makes the hair look "more normal" or accentuates it too much. I hate dressing up as a grown up.

I'll have to do my nails tonight, which means sitting still for two hours, something I do not do well. Redye the hair, so it's not orange. (which is worse than the red, trust me)

I had a dream l last night (this morning actually) that one of my teeth fell out. Just got wiggley, like when you were a kid and pulled out, root and all, from the left side of my bottom jaw. Had to check to see if it was still there when I woke up. So wonder what that means? Other than I should make an appointment . . . I hate weird stress dreams.

No comments: