Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring is Here?

I know, I know . . . it's Michigan and we could still get seven inches of snow next week. So I'm not taking the snow tires off yet. (and yes, father, I thank you and my lucky stars every day for the snow tires)

But I feel the urge to break out the truck, roll down the windows and drive really fast, which is what I'm going to do in about a half an hour. Maybe even wash the truck. Which I don't do enough.

Have been amazingly unproductive this weekend. Too much ruminating about getting a fire safe that only protects against fire for a half an hour. Did my mother read the box when she bought them for Christmas? Who has a house fire that only lasts a half an hour? Why does the damn thing weigh 17 pounds? What was wrong with my underwear drawer for storage of important papers? So now I have this 17 pound box hidden in my house with only two pieces of paper in it. And I won't take the keys off of the thing, because we all know that I would then lose the keys . . . and then I would never be able to travel out of the country again.

Yes, I know Christmas was three months ago . . . I'm going to go frolic in the springness. Maybe go to Costco and look at sheds. I would really like a new shed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nails....they work as key holders. But then you would have to remember two hiding places!!