Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Chipmunk Squaredancing

My mother asked why the mouse traps were set in the middle of the floor. "Don't you know anything about rodents? What'd you think? They were going to have a square dance?"

I didn't set the mouse traps but the idea of a chipmunk square dance and the fact that my brother did in fact bait the middle of the room (looking for brave chipmunks? mentally-ill risk-taking chipmunks?) was very funny to me for some reason. Little doe-see-does until "oh shit! Jorge stepped in the peanut butter." Snap.

One could see, if you were square dancing, how you could forget the large baited traps all over the middle of the floor. Oh, and you were a chipmunk. (For E2 . . . I promise my parents will have a more racially diverse chipmunk square dance in their pump room soon)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that for the record you need to let people know that Jorge is pronounced "whore-hey".

Anonymous said...

I think perhaps chipmunks are too cool to square dance. And that E2 really needs to be better and not say everything she is thinking.

iamthanu said...

Now, now . . . squaredancing IS cool. That's why you had to do that unit in elementary school during gym. Don't you remember? That week of anxiety because you would have to touch a boy?

So I'm sure chipmunks squaredance. They have no fear of cooties.