Thursday, July 20, 2006

And Strike Three . . .

I've come to the conclusion (after the intervention last week) that I'm not sad . . . just terribly frustrated with human beings in general.

People consistently say things they don't mean, things they think others want to hear . . . is everything driven by fear?

So how do I overcome this frustration? How do I see light again in the human race? The only solution I see is to only talk to people I already know . . . I know they are a safe bet, because I still talk to them after all these years . . . and avoid interaction with anyone new unless it's on a purely superficial level.

It's like that sticker I modified and stuck on my jacket in college . . . "people suck". And I used to think it was the people I was seeking out . . . the broken toys . . . but I've just had the rather rude awakening that it may be across the board. No wonder we take such joy in blowing each other up.

2 comments:

iamthanu said...

I know, I know, maybe it is me.

and you know my mother's voice is in my head . . . "if you just didn't . . ."

and the rule of not calling them . . . works faster, but just works in the same way. I suppose faster is better.

but there just seem to be a whole lot of people wandering around who don't have any idea of what they want . . . and if they do know, they're too busy trying to figure out what you want so they can say the "right" words, to get what they want. Why doesn't anyone just cut to the chase?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite. Dad is in town visiting. Sorry about your plans but I am glad you went out with M2.