Friday, July 14, 2006

Slowing Down the Karma Downspin

There was a moment last night that I was utterly obnoxious. Princess worked the moment with grace . . . sometimes she is really our shining star (sorry, I couldn't help it and it WASN'T your fault) . . . I could step outside of myself and realize that I was behaving badly, I just couldn't stop it. Well, there were maybe two moments, because there was this lady who dropped her plate, I think because she hooked it on my purse . . . and I kept walking. (start of the karmic downturn)

Being a former restaurant/bar employee, I would have hated me. It wasn't his fault that someone decided to have a "list" party, so that the bar would look more "New York" or something. It wasn't his fault that he was "overcapacity". I was just being a bitch. For no reason whatsoever.

My fingernails now match. I deleted the weird hater comment that I arrived home to . . . and I will now try not to talk to anyone unless absolutely necessary . . . so "I'd like a grande soy latte, please" will be about it. I will try to smile at small children and puppies, but otherwise keep to myself. I need some quiet time . . . maybe some time out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you mentioned that a lady caught her plate on your purse but failed to mention that said plate was thrown at me. I now have a huge mustard stain on my shirt at boob level. I guess it is a conversation piece. :)

P.S. You are fine and should talk to others.