Monday, July 10, 2006

Langston and Chiquita

I know that it is summer and you have to let the little rascals out or they don't socially adjust but does everyone have to have a stroller the size of a Buick? Today I tripped over one that actually had the Jeep logo on it . . . I think because it was the size of a Wrangler and the company wanted to warn people. (Then how did you trip over it, you ask? I didn't. I was using the verb for effect.)

I was in downtown Royal Joke and these people had let their rugrats out of their "offroad devices" to wander around near traffic as they discussed important things, like how their lives were before they had the rugrats and the offroad Buick-like strollers.

"Langston, honey, Chiquita doesn't want to go that way, honey . . . so you can't make her."

I kid you not . . . Langston was forcing Chiquita to go in her not chosen direction by grabbing her head and pulling. Langston. Chiquita. Not related. Both Caucasian. Maybe it's the teacher in me but those kids have some fights on the playground ahead of them. Good thing Langston is training now.

No, really. I'm not making this up. Langston and Chiquita. Both about two years of age . . . with totally unrealistic parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Langston will do fine in a prep school full of students with names like his. Chiquita, on the other hand, will only feel at home amongst the bananas.

iamthanu said...

No, I don't think Langston is going to do all that well at Roeper (I saw his parents . . . definitely Roeper Doepers) though he would be the king of the playground in public school. Chiquita will probably be fine at Kingswood . . . with Lulabelle, Suri, and Kwanzaa. Just a guess.

No fair bringing this up when I want to name my firstborn Scout.