Saturday, July 22, 2006

Of War Protests and Dogs

I went to Starbucks to read the paper.

I then decided to walk to Shine to look for something for the M1 box, that is sitting on my counter, waiting, hoping to be sent.

There was a cute guy walking ahead of me. With a girl, but I was appreciating the cuteness . . . the overly cool tatt on his shin, the camo shorts, the nice looking dog, the shaved head . . . until my foot slid in something.

My feet are not suppose to slide on the sidewalks of Royal Oak. I look down. Dog sh*t. Fresh dog sh*t. Very, very fresh . . . because it had come out of the guy's dog about four seconds ago. The work F*CK careens out of my mouth as I realize that my Birk is covered in warm sh*t. Tattooed shin guy stops, turns around, looks at the ground and for some reason tells his girlfriend to turn back . . . so they have to walk past me and my soiled shoe.

For some reason I thought they were going to clean up the poop in the middle of the sidewalk. Nope. Maybe they had to run home in shame? Dogs let you know when they want to go . . . which is when you let them go somewhere that is NOT the middle of the sidewalk. Street would have been a better choice, grassy knoll by the railroad tracks, even better. God, people are a$$holes. Managed to avoid the giant piles of poop on the way back . . . but could see that other people hadn't. And had to spend twenty minutes cleaning my shoe once I got home. And tracked sh*t into a bunch of stores.

And because I don't have enough to do . . . I'm going to bring up something controversial . . . flame all you like, because you usually just flame my normal stuff anyhow. As I was leaving Royal Oak, out of the corner of my eye, I saw what seemed to be a war protest marching down Main Street. I'm not up on the schedules, as they won't put me on the mailing list.

But considering what is currently happening in the Middle East . . . I find it very ironic that the people who are carrying these signs are also some of the people who support Israel. So when you carry a "No War" sign, are you also saying that we should pull our support of Israel? Because despite the evil heathen arguments and the war for oil arguments . . . there is an element in this whole mess about the U.S. supporting the Israeli state. Right or wrong. For or against, it's there.

No I didn't stop and ask. They really didn't want to hear what I have to say anyhow. And they can march up and down Main Street until they are blue, for all I care. It is their right. As long as they are here, in this country.

And possibly less annoying than the dog sh*t, but only slightly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you compared people expressing their first amendment rights to dog shit. I guess that shows me how strong your arguement is. Jewish homeland? By force, I suppose it is.

iamthanu said...

No, I was comparing hypocrisy to dog shit . . . sorry. And both are annoying.