Monday, July 31, 2006

How Vampires Die

It's 9:30 a.m.

A time that I have not been conscious for in a long time. I am trying to run before the "heat advisory" that the television people keep talking about. Then I will hide in my house for the rest of the day. I'm so tired, I'm kind of wobbley . . .

This is how vampires really die . . . forget the stakes. They burn up in the morning sun because their mommies don't want them to run at night . . . it's "too dangerous". And no matter how much the vampires explain that they are vampires, creatures of the night, their mommies make them promise . . . so they are up at an ungodly, normal people hour and are subjected to waking up to the "Today" show (which was almost enough to turn me to dust right there).

Luckily, week three in the training program is easy. But damnit, I'm getting a tan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you made it. I would hate to think that once you hit daylight your body is draped over your porch or worse yet you turned to ashes.

iamthanu said...

Yes, I'm still kickin'. Having some trouble with a sodium imbalance . . . and again, getting some color in my cheeks (AAHHHH!) and forgot the sunscreen. Running gives me lots more to read on the internet (hence knowing about the sodium imbalance).

Oh, and I have to eat every two hours or so . . . which is an interesting exercise in making good choices. Well, I suppose I don't have to eat every two hours . . . but then I would be really crabby . . . crabbier than usual.