Sunday, July 16, 2006

More Fun Than I Should Be Allowed

. . . to have in one afternoon.

As what I was supposed to do today did not work out, I decided to suit up in the haz-mat gear and try out the heat gun. Turns out it's more fun than $9.99 is supposed to be. It just melts stuff . . . and you all know how I like to melt stuff.

The trick is to not burn stuff (which I also like to do . . . ) and there is a fine line. Luckily, Harold and Alice (the previous homeowners) liked to paint frequently, so it all comes off in one big (and I'm sure deadly) chunk. But first, it bubbles up nicely. I don't know what I'm going to do if I ever finish the cabinet doors . . . I'm going to have to find other things to melt.

Perhaps I will paint paintings and then melt them as a statement about the disintegration of society as a whole. I'm sure to get a gallery show with that.

Or I could just get a $1.99 bag of army guys and maybe some 11 year old boys to hang out with . . . and a sandbox, so we don't burn down the house.

No comments: