Saturday, October 14, 2006

But Can I Pull Off Ashlee?

It's official . . . Halloween is coming. It's my favorite holiday and I want to savor it, which is why I have been ignoring the displays that have been up for months (okay, I have bought some new skeleton gloves, but that doesn't count . . . ) because . . . well . . . Halloween too soon cheapens things.

So this weekend M2 and I are supposed to find somewhat matching costumes . . . so we can go to her boyfriend's party. Best idea suggested so far, Ashlee and Jessica Simpson (when Ashlee had black hair). I suggested dominatrixes, but this is a predictable suggestion from me and not something that M2 would do. And I guess his family is invited, so we have to be good girls, or semi-good girls. Also, there was something about it being outside . . . "so no slutty costumes" for fear of being cold. So many rules. So we might do something Tim Burton-ey.

I am listening to Michael Bernard Loggins - The Fears of your Life (This American Life, Episode #234, March 14, 2003) and now want to write my own. It is awesome.

No comments: